Effective: November 8, 2021
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect The types of personal information relating to you that we may “process” (such as collect, use and store) depends on your interaction with us. The key categories and types of personal information that we may collect and process are set out below.
- Contact Information: name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Identifiers: IP address, user name, account number, password and other security information for authentication and access
- Geolocation Data: the general region or area from which you access our site
- Internet or other electronic activity (“internet activity data”): email, browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate the Internet;
- Commercial Information: records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories, product wish lists, order history;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information (“audio/visual data”): videos, photographs, or audio recordings
- Inferences: we may use information from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you, to reflect your preferences, characters, behavior and attitude.
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, and inferences to:
- Fulfill and ship your order
- Send you an order confirmation and shipping updates
- Provide requested products or services Send product updates
- Respond to customer service requests and inquiries
- Administer an online account
- Analytical Purposes: We use your identifiers, internet activity data, geolocation data, commercial information, audio/visual data, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, internet activity data, geolocation data, and audio/visual data, and inferences to send you a newsletter or blog post, improve our marketing efforts, create social media posts or advertisements, and provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services: We use your contact information, commercial information, identifiers, geolocation data, and internet activity data to answer your questions and respond to your requests, improve our Services, provide and maintain functionality on our websites, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our websites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity data, inferences, and audio/visual data to protect our websites, our stores and nurseries, our company and others, and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal: We use your contact information, identifiers, financial information, geolocation data, internet or other electronic activity, audio and visual information and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend Altman Plants in and protect Altman Plants, property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
- Directly from you: We collect contact information, financial information, identifiers, commercial information, and audio/visual data that you provide directly to us.
- Automatically: When you access our Services, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and internet activity data using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described below in the Cookies and Other Tracking Technology section.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, commercial information, audio/ visual data, and inferences from third parties.
- From social media platforms and networks. We may collect contact information, identifiers, geolocation data, internet activity data, commercial information, and audio/visual data from social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our websites or mobile applications, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our websites (e.g., to log into an account, or to share purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us.
- Combined Information: We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information, including to create inferences about you.
- Service Providers: We may share information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of the Services and business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, web hosting, analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, storage and warehouse services, shipping, and customer support services). In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Marketing/Analytics/Advertising Partners: We may share personal information with third party marketing, analytics or advertising partners, including social media platforms and networks, for commercial purposes such as sending you marketing emails and advertisements.
- Professional Advisors: We may share information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Responding to Legal Requests: We share information if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transactions. We may share information in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may share information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Third Party Analytics and Advertising
Links to Other Websites
Our website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Altman Plants. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
Our website is not intended to provide services or to be used by anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 13, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to offer you choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include: Online Advertising. You can manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by using the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we try to work with third parties that do. Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us. Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails and newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the Contact Us section below.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. Shine the Light California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosures Categories and Sources of information we collect: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, geolocation data, internet activity data, audio/visual data and inferences. For details about precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection and Use of Personal Information section above. Purposes for which we use personal information: We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Collection and Use of Personal Information section above. Disclosure for a business purpose: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Your Rights Under the CCPA
Subject to certain exceptions, the CCPA affords California consumers the following rights:
1. The Right to Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have a right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you in the preceding 12 months. You can also request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. You can also request the following categories of information:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Contact Information||service providers|
|Unique Identifiers||service providers marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Financial Information||service providers|
|Commercial Information||service providers marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information||service providers marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Geolocation data||service providers marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Audio, Electronic Visual, Thermal, Olfactory or Similar Information||service providers marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||service providers marketing/analytics/advertising partners|
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
We may update this policy from time to time. The updated policy will be posted on our website. Your continued use of the website after we post a revised policy signifies your acceptance of the revised policy.