Tom talks about a hens-and-chicks succulent that will light up your landscape or glow from a container: Echeveria ‘Lola’. The plant forms a sculpted rosette with a somewhat “rosebud” shape. Leaves are alabaster marble with a delicate blush of pinkish violet and tipped with rose. Rosette gives the impression of alabaster wax suffused with violet. Flowers are peach, bell-shaped and appear in spring. Would look great in a centerpiece or bridal bouquet.
- When to water succulents … rules of thumb are made to be brokenJune 1, 2020
- Plants for Positivity: Prescribe yourself plenty of garden & nature timeMarch 30, 2020
- Winter is comingOctober 21, 2019
- Kalanchoe tomentosa: Give this fuzzy succulent softy a hugOctober 18, 2019
- Cutting loose: Winter growers wake up, become active in fallOctober 4, 2019
- Easy-peasy succulent plants for beginnersAugust 30, 2019