Senecio radicans is commonly known as string of bananas because its cascading stems resemble strings and strings and strings of green bananas. Those pendant “strings,” which can hang to 5 feet unless trimmed, make this succulent a perfect fit for a hanging basket. It also excels in arrangements as a contrasting element to flashier specimens such as echeverias and aeoniums.
- When to water succulents … rules of thumb are made to be brokenJune 1, 2020
- Plants for Positivity: Prescribe yourself plenty of garden & nature timeMarch 30, 2020
- Winter is comingOctober 21, 2019
- Kalanchoe tomentosa: Give this fuzzy succulent softy a hugOctober 18, 2019
- Cutting loose: Winter growers wake up, become active in fallOctober 4, 2019
- Easy-peasy succulent plants for beginnersAugust 30, 2019