Crassula ovata ‘Gollum’ is considered to be a monstrose form of the popular jade plant (Crassula ovata). The leaves, unlike the flattened leaves of regular jade, form odd tubular lime-green “fingers”. The tip of the leaf is flared, but depressed in the center and often a brilliant, translucent red. Excellent as patio plant or landscape plant. With its red-tipped fingers atop a thick, gnarly trunk, ‘Gollum” is also a great bonsai subject.
- Cutting loose: Winter growers wake up, become active in fallOctober 4, 2019
- Winter is comingOctober 2, 2019
- Easy-peasy succulent plants for beginnersAugust 30, 2019
- Alliant Int’l University: The King of Succulents, Dr. Ken AltmanAugust 1, 2019
- Embrace positive vibes with succulentsJuly 22, 2019
- New mesquite hybrids show great promise as cash crops, lumber standoutsJuly 11, 2019