Crassula ovata ‘Gollum’ is considered to be a monstrose form of the popular jade plant (Crassula ovata). The leaves, unlike the flattened leaves of regular jade, form odd tubular lime-green “fingers”. The tip of the leaf is flared, but depressed in the center and often a brilliant, translucent red. Excellent as patio plant or landscape plant. With its red-tipped fingers atop a thick, gnarly trunk, ‘Gollum” is also a great bonsai subject.
- When to water succulents … rules of thumb are made to be brokenJune 1, 2020
- Plants for Positivity: Prescribe yourself plenty of garden & nature timeMarch 30, 2020
- Winter is comingOctober 21, 2019
- Kalanchoe tomentosa: Give this fuzzy succulent softy a hugOctober 18, 2019
- Cutting loose: Winter growers wake up, become active in fallOctober 4, 2019
- Easy-peasy succulent plants for beginnersAugust 30, 2019