Crassula ovata ‘Gollum’ is considered to be a monstrose form of the popular jade plant (Crassula ovata). The leaves, unlike the flattened leaves of regular jade, form odd tubular lime-green “fingers”. The tip of the leaf is flared, but depressed in the center and often a brilliant, translucent red. Excellent as patio plant or landscape plant. With its red-tipped fingers atop a thick, gnarly trunk, ‘Gollum” is also a great bonsai subject.
- Meet a business that’s been part of our story for 40 yearsJune 14, 2019
- Summertime, and the livin is easy…with succulentsMay 29, 2019
- Greenhouse Grower: Altman Plants/Color Spot Nurseries consolidation at the topApril 30, 2019
- All Wrapped Up: We have you covered for spring, Mother’s DayApril 12, 2019
- Echeveria ‘Arctic Ice’: Chill out with this rosette succulent stunnerApril 5, 2019
- The New Yorker talks to Altman Plants breeder about Dudleya poachingMarch 10, 2019