Welder - Lake Mathews
Altman Plants is a dynamic family-owned wholesale nursery which produces and distributes a wide range of plants for major retailers locally and throughout the country from facilities in CA, AZ, TX, CO and FL.
Altman Plants has an immediate opening at our facility in Perris, Ca for a self-motivated, experienced Welder who takes pride in their workmanship and in delivering quality customer service. We will train welders just out of tech school. We have a wide range of experience levels to learn. Come be part of the team.
The welder position consists of repairing and fabricating tools and equipment for the company
Typical duties include:
- Welding repair on equipment and tools as needed by the supervisor
- Able to build tools and equipment as needed by the supervisor
- Using a plasma cutter for cutting metal jobs.
- Using an arc welder for welding jobs
- Using a wire feed welder for welding jobs
- Using a cutting torch for different applications in the job.
- Filling out work orders for work completed.
- On the job training for techs just out of welding school.
- Excellent all-around welding skills and experience
- Some mechanic skills are needed
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Must be comfortable working in a team-oriented environment and be able to handle many responsibilities
- Must be highly motivated
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to perform physical requirements. Able to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to work full time including overtime as needed
We offer a safe and rewarding working environment for our employees. Altman Plants offers employees a full assortment of benefits such as:
- Complete tool set for your use while you are employed with our company
- On the job training for welding tech’s just out of school
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
Altman Plants is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, age, national origin, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.