TAP Service Lead - Waco, TX
Altman Specialty Plants, LLC. (www.altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of annuals, perennials, cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking for a TAP Service Lead for the Waco, Texas market within our retail big-box partnerships. You will help us grow our brand by servicing and expanding our product presence in our key retail customers. This position reports up to our Regional Sales Manager.
We work in a very fast pace outdoor environment, that requires you to be constantly moving for the entire workday. We work outside during many different types of weather conditions.
Key requirements for the TAP Service Lead include but are not limited to:
· Build relationships and communicate weekly with store management teams
· Communicate daily with Area Manager
· Assist with merchandising all live plant categories: Cactus, Succulents, Trees, Shrubs, Tropical Blooming, House Plants, Annuals, Perennials, Mums, Landscape bulbs, Poinsettias, and other Holiday Plants
· Ensure integrity of merchandising standards
· Merchandise fresh deliveries with merchandising team
· Assist with garden resets, building displays, and special events at stores
· Assist with training of new merchandisers
· Lead and advise merchandising team
· Monitor adherence of work schedules for selected merchandising team
· Take and submit great quality photos of all store displays during store visits (GroupMe)
· Submit fully completed Area Reports at every store visit
· Aid and participate with garden store/community events
· Communicate any replenishment needs to Area Manager
· Regularly lift and/or move product up to 50 lbs.
· Work outside in natural weather conditions (winter, summer, and rainy conditions)
· Drive to multiple stores in a single day
· Perform and complete product inventories
· Valid/Current (State) Driver’s License
· Proof of Valid/Current (State) Auto Insurance
· Clean DMV driving record for 3 years
· High School Diploma/GED
· Must be 18 years or older
Physical Demands and work environment
The job requires the employee to frequently stand, walk, kneel, lift, push and pull for extended periods of time. This also includes handling material that can weigh up to 50 lbs. The employee will also be required to work in an outside environment that may include dust, soil, heat, cold, sun, rain and various other elements. This may include potentially difficult environmental conditions.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.