TAP Merchandiser - Simi Valley, CA
Summary: Ensure all display areas in assigned garden centers are maintained to company standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Merchandise product in accounts in accordance with established standards either alone or with assigned service rep. Merchandising can include pushing racks into garden center and unloading flats of plants from racks onto tables or benches in garden center. Preparing tables or benches at customer location will consist of clearing old product or moving product around to add new materials, removing or dressing up existing product. Other duties include but are not limited to:
• Stock and put away all products in the proper place
• Ensure all products are merchandised and empty delivery are racks removed from sales floor
• Ensure plants and displays have a well maintained, sales ready appearance
• Ensure all product is rotated, merchandised and signed with prices and available Point of Purchase (P.O.P) materials as applicable
• Cull and properly dispose of “past-prime” plants on a consistent basis
• Complete inventory cycle counts as requested
• Enter inventory adjustments as plants are culled
• All equipment that is used is stored safely and out of the aisle including racks, hoses, trays, etc.
• Assist with resets and building displays and special events at stores
• Keep areas being worked clean and safe
• Must work in a safe manner and use safe lifting practices
• Must use all safety precautions with racks
• Know and follow all company safety policies and procedures
• May be required to use tools such as pallet jacks, pruners, ladders, brooms, dust pans, hoses, and other
• Notify department personnel when leaving for the day
• Clock in and out responsibly and in accordance with company policies and guidelines
• May cover more than one store with the service rep
• May be required to work varying schedules, including weekends
• Adhere to ALL company policies and procedures
• Execute tasks as instructed by supervisors and leads
• Must have reliable transportation to and from all assigned stores
• Demonstrate honesty and responsibility while using applications which record time and attendance, task completion, and or mileage tracking
• Be responsive to phone calls, texts, and other communications while on the clock
• Work cooperatively with all vendors and associates
• Report to work on time and follow given schedule
• Position is considered seasonal and employment period will be determined by applicable seasonal needs for a given period
Competencies- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Identify and solve problems in a timely manner
• Respond promptly to requests
• Meet/keeps commitments
• Promote quality and accuracy
• Follows Policies and Procedures
• Completes tasks correctly and on time
• Looks for ways to promote and improve quality
• Applies feedback to improve performance
• Observes safety and security procedures
• Reports potential unsafe conditions
• Follows instructions, direction
• Foster cooperative communication with customers and employees
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
• Third party merchandising may apply
• Brings positive outlook and attitude
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
Language Skills: Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write simple instructions, and to communicate.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate simple math such as adding, subtracting and multiplying.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, carry, push, pull; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to have fine dexterity and motor skills. The employee may be frequently required to lift, carry, push and or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or move from 51 to 100 pounds with or without assistance either via another person or mechanical assistance. The employee will be required to frequently kneel, stoop, bend and stand for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an outside environment to include dust, soil, heat, cold, sun, rain and various other elements and potentially difficult environmental conditions. The employee must be able to tolerate these conditions. The employee will also be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee will occasionally be exposed
to fumes, chemicals or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to irregular work schedules.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.