Staff Accountant - Vista, CA
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Department: Accounting Department
Reports to: Accountant Manager
Summary: We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, forward thinking and hard-working team member with professional work ethics for a Staff Accountant position in our high volume and fast paced Accounting department.
The successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, be organized, proficient in working with Excel, Word programs, ADP or similar Payroll program experience a plus, Microsoft Outlook and be knowledgeable of accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Accounting support working with Controller, CFO and Accounting Manager
· Strong technical skills in the area of working with databases, analyzing, extracting and loading data to various web sites.
· Ability to reconcile large amounts of data insuring accuracy of imported and extracted data.
· Ability to manage data involving deadlines, follow up, tracking and records
· Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling GL accounts.
· Assists auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for Payroll, General Ledger and various audits.
· Assists in implementing and developing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures for the purpose of providing internal financial controls throughout the company.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Exceptionally fast, efficient and organized
· Knowledge of all accounting functions: GL, P&L and BS – reconciliations, work papers, cost, cash control, AP, AR and PR
· Experience in GAAP accounting and monthly closing processes
· Supervises a wide variety of payroll information and data entry for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines. Payroll and 401K experience a plus.
· Assist in implementation of new accounting programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 3 or more years’ experience.
· Strong MS Office skills including superior knowledge in Excel and the use of pivot table, V-lookup and macros. Ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data as needed.
· Knowledgeable in Access
· Good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as purchase agreements, loan documents, insurance claims forms, and procedure manuals. Ability to interact effectively with vendors or employees of our organization.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Dependability and punctuality are mandatory. Must be able to work Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. There may be some extended work hours on an as needed basis. Must have a professional demeanor and appearance. Must observe and comply with all company policies and safety practices.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to frequently sit, use your hands, lift, pull, lift overhead, walk, stand for long periods of time on concrete, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear.
· You must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work in an office located on a Nursery. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles (dust and dirt). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page