Altman Plants is a family owned and privately held company recognized for innovation, marketing, high quality products and creative sales programs.
We are in partnership with several key retail customers across the country and are one of the largest nurseries in the US. We are passionate about exceptional customer service, people development and long-term growth of the company. In addition to the Texas Division, we have operations in California, New Jersey, Georgia, Colorado, and Arizona.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow a Class A Shuttle Driver in our Troup, Texas location by performing the following duties:
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Maintain or exceed standards for service and quality
- Transport Product between satellite locations
- Drop and hook multiple trailers per day
- Reports any mechanical problems and accidents immediately
- Keep trucks clean and free of debris
- Keep track of all paperwork
- DVIR, proper pre/post trip on tractors and trailers
- Always follow all safety standards and guidance
- Perform any other tasks and functions as directed by management
- Effective communication with co workers
- Class A CDL required
- Willing to submit to background check and pass pre-employment substance abuse screening.
- Strong customer service and ability to communicate verbally with customers.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule which includes weekends and some holidays.
Altman Plants is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, age, national origin, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.