Altman Specialty Plants, LLC. (www.altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
Within each territory, the District Sales Managers lead our sales teams. We’re looking to recruit, and grow our team of Sales Representative Trainees within our retail big-box partnerships.
You will help us grow our brand by servicing and expanding our product presence in our key retail customers. There are varying shifts/roles dependent on the candidates’ experience level, we will place you in the best fit for your career growth with Altman Specialty Plants.
Key requirements for the Sales Representative Trainees include but are not limited to:
- Valid/Current (State) Driver’s License
- Proof of Valid/Current (State) Auto Insurance
- High School Diploma/GED
- Sales/merchandising experience a plus
Key responsibilities for the Sales Representative Trainees include but are not limited to:
- Service assigned stores as per scheduled route.
- Communicate effectively with store personnel and company teammates regularly.
- Attend and participate in meetings and special events.
- Efficiently replenish store inventories, maintain beautiful displays, and drive sales.
- Enter data into our mobile portal regarding scrap and inventory adjustments.
- Effectively merchandise fresh plants from our delivery racks to retail displays; reposition product based on evolving store needs.
- Water, prune and re-organize product; push and pull plant ranks while frequently bending and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Sweep and cleanup after merchandising is complete.
- Accurately generate, and place retail signage.
- Service assigned stores as per scheduled route
Key qualifications for the Sales Representative Trainees include but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform physical outdoor work
- Dependable and able to travel between locations in own vehicle
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to use a computer/mobile device for data entry
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Gustavo hernandez – firstname.lastname@example.org