San Francisco / Peninsula Area Sales Merchandiser
Altman Plants is looking for an entry level merchandiser to service large retail chain garden centers in the San Francisco- Peninsula Area. Must have a dependable vehicle with insurance, be a self-starter, have good plant knowledge, strong computer skills with access to internet & email, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to lift 50 lbs. This job typically works 32-40 hours a week, based on the season. Flexible work schedule with weekend availability a plus. Competitive hourly wage.
Must possess a valid State Driver’s License and have an acceptable DMV driving record. Must have and maintain current automobile insurance.
Merchandiser assists the sales representatives by performing the following duties.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Merchandiser consolidates displays of flatted and potted plants.
- Sales Merchandiser services assigned stores as per scheduled route.
- Sales Merchandiser services displays as needed.(i.e.: dead heads, prunes, waters, fertilizes as needed) removes marginal product from displays.
- Sales Merchandiser attends and participates in meetings and special events.
- Sales Merchandiser performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Sales Merchandiser needs ability to interact effectively with customers or employees of our organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Sales Merchandiser needs ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High school diploma or GED. One to two years job experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Altman Plants:
Altman Specialty Plants, Inc. is a dynamic family-owned wholesale nursery that produces and distributes a wide range of plants for major retailers throughout the country from facilities in CA, AZ, CO, TX and FL.
We are a privately held company, routinely recognized for innovation, marketing, high quality products and creative sales programs.
We are in partnership with several of the key retail customers to supply color, flowering, cactus and specialty plants. We are passionate about open communications, customer service, people development and long term growth of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands, lift, pull, lift overhead, walk, stand for long periods of time on concrete, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee must be able to drive distances between accounts. Employee must be able to tolerate outdoor weather changes, rain, wind, cold and heat.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes (traffic smog) and airborne particles (dust and dirt). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be exposed to additional environmental conditions present at retail centers.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Isaac Soto – email@example.com