Sales Merchandiser - Phoenix, AZ
Altman Specialty Plants, LLC. (www.altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow our team of Sales Merchandisers within our retail big-box partnerships. Within each territory, this position reports up to our District Sales Managers.
You will help us grow our brand by servicing and expanding our product presence in our key retail customers.
Key requirements for the Sales Merchandisers include but are not limited to:
- Valid/Current (State) Driver’s License
- Proof of Valid/Current (State) Auto Insurance
- Clean DMV driving record for 3 years
- High School Diploma/GED
- Sales/merchandising experience a plus
Key responsibilities for the Sales Merchandisers include but are not limited to:
- Service assigned stores as per scheduled.
- Communicate effectively with store personnel and company teammates regularly.
- Attend and participate in company meetings.
- Efficiently replenish store inventories, maintain beautiful displays, and drive sales.
- Enter data into our mobile portal regarding scrap and inventory adjustments.
- Effectively merchandise fresh plants from our delivery racks to retail displays; reposition product based on evolving store needs.
- Water, prune and re-organize product; push and pull plant racks while frequently bending and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Sweep and cleanup after merchandising is complete.
- Accurately generate, and place retail signage.
Key qualifications for the Sales Merchandisers include but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform physical outdoor work
- Dependable and able to travel between locations in own vehicle
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to use a computer/mobile device for data entry
Our Merchandisers typically work between 32-40 hours a week, based on the season. Must be able to work a varied schedule, which will include weekends.
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page