Altman Specialty Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family-owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow a Sales Analyst in our San Antonio, Texas facility by performing the following duties:
- Strategize on replenishment through current and historical trends analysis…write orders to maximize sales, inventory turns and gross margin.
- Log into the sales database, Demand Link, on a regular basis to check sales and download multiple sales files for analysis. Analyze store inventory by item to increase or decrease projections-based inventory levels.
- Review sales and weather trends, availability issues, and other sales needs to develop a scripting strategy.
- Download availability files and format them for regular use in scripting and adjusting orders.
- Using Altman Plants software, such as Evolution and Auto Spread to upload and edit orders in the system, download and analyze reports for sales, ships, and production, etc.
- Analyze data and works with sales team to develop strategies to grow the business in a profitable manner.
- Use discretion and judgment.
- Implement replenishment plans by store for POG and ads.
- Support advertising efforts by assuring 100% stock availability in stores.
- Place promotional products’ orders and allocate to stores based on sales performance (factoring in historical, current, and expected demand) and inventory levels.
- Analyze historical trends and adjust system settings for store inventory replenishment models.
- Setting, monitoring, and adjusting DemandLink parameters thru ought the season.
- Use CIM strategy to optimize sales and inventory effectiveness for every item in every store while minimizing risk.
- Direct customer service relating to CIM decisions—reviewing sales and inventory levels with store personnel to verify accuracy of data and determine best course of action.
- Interface with Altman Plants field sales team to make data based replenishment decisions.
- Understand current trends and future plans, adjust inventory and order strategy with field representatives.
- Communicate with stores via phone, fax, and email when necessary to adjust orders, place new store requests, and other customer service tasks.
- Support account manager with data and reporting analysis to support the following activities:
- Formulate entry and exit strategies key drive items.
- Generate sales history and Production Scheduling / Demand Planning data for Account Manager.
- Assist with Altman Plants’ sales forecasting and revenue planning.
- Participate in meetings and/or support account manager(s) by providing replenishment related information and reports (internal and customer meetings).
- Advise management on all relevant customer information including sales strategy, planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Format and run weekly sales reports to send customers.
Qualified applicants must have ability to:
- Manage, comprehend, and summarize large amounts of data.
- Possess strong Excel skills.
- Be a quick learner.
- Learn and use proprietary company programs.
- Participate as a team player.
- Interact with others in a professional manner.
- Use sound judgement and be able to make business decisions/recommendations.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to interact effectively with customers or employees of our organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to frequently sit, use your hands, lift, pull, lift overhead, walk, stand for long periods of time on concrete, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles (dust and dirt). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please respond to this email email@example.com with a cover letter including your salary requirement and a current resume. Applications without a current resume and a salary requirement will not be accepted.
Contact InformationTelephone: (760) 744-8191
Fax: (760) 744.8835
3742 Bluebird Canyon Road, Vista, CA 92084