Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents as well as annuals and perennials. With over 4,500 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow a Replenishment Specialist that will be responsible for the replenishment of Altman Plants product into the customer’s stores, developing a replenishment strategy to maximize sales and sell-through %, reporting sales and trends to account management, and supporting account management in the decision making process.
Job responsibilities & duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Access Customer’s sales database regularly to download data for analysis.
- Analyze store inventory by SKU and increase or decrease inventory levels based on sales forecasts.
- Review sales, weather trends, product availability, and other variables to develop a replenishment strategy.
- Use Altman software to upload and edit orders, download and analyze reports for sales, ships, production, etc.
- Implement replenishment plans by store for POG and presentation compliance.
- Ensure promotional/ad products are allocated to stores based on sales performance (factoring in historical, current, and expected demand) and on-hand inventory levels.
- Develop reporting tools; monitor and adjust reporting parameters throughout the season.
- Interface with the Altman Plants field sales team to make data-based replenishment decisions.
- Understand trends and sales plans; adjust inventory and order strategy accordingly.
- Provide account management with data analysis and reporting to support the following activities:
- Formulate entry and exit strategies of key items.
- Generate sales history and production data to assist with forecasting and revenue planning.
- Participate in meetings and/or support account management by providing replenishment related information and reports (internal and customer meetings).
- Advise management on all relevant customer information including sales strategy, planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants must have ability to:
- Use sound judgement, make business decisions, and give recommendations to account management.
- Organize, comprehend, and summarize large amounts of data.
- Learn and use proprietary company software.
- Interact with others in a professional manner.
- Participate as a team player.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Be able to take direction.
Requirements for position:
- Possess Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point skills.
- Key Excel skills preferred include:
- VLOOKUP , Summits , mathematical, and text functions
- Pivot tables, report building, filtering, sorting, and data organization
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Quick learner.
- College degree preferred, but not necessary.
- Horticulture/plant knowledge a plus, but not necessary
To apply, please respond to this email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter including your salary requirement and a current resume. Applications without a current resume and a salary requirement will not be accepted.
Contact InformationTelephone: (760) 744-8191
Fax: (760) 744.8835
3742 Bluebird Canyon Road, Vista, CA 92084