Regional Account Manager
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We are currently seeking to recruit and retain an experienced Retail Account Manager for our Northeast and Mid-Atlantic markets. In these markets we ship cacti and succulents into Home Depot stores where we contract with third party merchandising services. This position is responsible for management of these third party merchandising teams in these regions. Duties include training, motivating, tracking performance, aligning territories, and communication with these third party merchandising teams. Additionally, the role includes developing relationships with Home Depot (HD) merchants, RMs, DMs, and store operators to support Altman programs and solidify planogram space in our designated stores. Positively impacting sales potential, merchandising execution, and industry reputation are key goals.
- Work with third party vendor merchandising teams to ensure execution of Altman merchandising standards.
- Provide thorough communication to these teams to ensure clear understanding of the weekly work plan and goals.
- Conduct regular calls with regional teams to communicate Altman or HD initiatives, market trends, and other information related to performance and objectives.
- Communicate regularly with Altman sales account management and operations teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with HD operational management teams and merchandising management teams.
- Provide and help collect qualified feedback on product issues and opportunities from these teams.
- Store Presence and Leadership
- Be present in stores regularly as well as for meetings, events, and HD planned store walks
- Train, motivate, support and hold accountable the regional third party merchandising teams.
- Improve training guidelines and methods.
- Incorporate store walks and reviews as regular documented processes.
- Contribute to new strategies in merchandising.
- Ensure safe working practices are always prioritized
- Attend HD regional corporate events, strategy meetings, and other related activities as requested
- Accomplish sales and inventory management goals in coordination with account managers.
- Support inventory allocation on a regular basis in coordination with account managers and availability teams.
- Look for ways to increase 3rd party merchandising effectiveness and efficiency.
- Travel as needed on a regular basis for events, store walks, and meetings
- Must live in territory and within 1 hour of major Mid-Atlantic area airports
- Willing to travel 50-70% of the time.
- Clean driving record.
- Recent model vehicle in good condition.
- Physically able to perform store merchandising functions.
- Plant knowledge preferred.
- Sense of urgency to respond to issues as they arise.
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service.
- Excellent communication skills with wide variety of people.
- Willingness to take initiative when needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and good at problem-solving.
- High School Diploma/GED; college degree preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Be reliable, responsible, dependable, and punctual.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page