Production Scheduler - Giddings, Texas
Job Title: Production Scheduler
Work Location: Office/Field
Reports To: Production Planning Manager
Summary: Production Scheduler is responsible for ensuring the sales plan for the year is fully scheduled, booked, and maintained through the season. Job duties will be performed in a variety of locations, with the majority being in an office, but can include greenhouse, loading docks, and hard goods storage areas.
- Works with growing team to ensure varieties going into the plan are suitable for our markets.
- Schedules the sales plan in Evolution to hit the demands of our customers.
- Place live goods orders based on what has been scheduled.
- Confirm purchase orders in Evolution based on vendor acknowledgments.
- Receive live goods deliveries from vendors into system and report any quality issues.
- Match live goods inputs to purchase orders and planned production.
- Assist in creating planting lists and entering planting data into Evolution, as needed.
- Handle changes quickly during the planting week to get the production lines accurate information.
- Help to organize the annual trial garden project.
- Monitors flow of Hard Good inventory, mostly consisting of Tag inventories, but can include Pot inventories.
- Assist with month end live goods inventory.
- Understand and manage knowledge of product lines, and assigned pot and label for all customers.
- Occasional weekend work.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plant knowledge is a must.
- Needs to have a sense of urgency to respond to issues as they arise.
- Be able to multi-task in a busy office.
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service.
- Excellent communication skills with wide variety of people.
- Willingness to take initiative when needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and good at problem-solving.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Be reliable, responsible, dependable, and punctual.
- Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light duty work status will be accommodated: no lifting greater than 25 pounds to waist level. No lifting overhead more than 15 pounds. No repetitive bending or prolonged sitting more than one hour without positional change. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Extensive walking is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com