Production Scheduler -TX
Altman Plants is a family owned and privately held company recognized for innovation, marketing, high quality products and creative sales programs. We are in partnership with several key retail customers across the country and are one of the largest nurseries in the US. We are passionate about exceptional customer service, people development and long-term growth of the company. In addition to the Texas Division, we have operations in California, New Jersey, Georgia, Colorado, and Arizona.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow a Production Scheduler who will be responsible for ensuring the sales plan for the year is fully scheduled, booked, and maintained through the season. Job duties will be performed in a variety of locations, with the majority being in an office, but can include greenhouse, loading docks, and hard goods storage areas.
- Works with growing team to ensure varieties going into the plan are suitable for our markets.
- Schedules the sales plan in Evolution to hit the demands of our customers.
- Place live goods orders based on what has been scheduled.
- Confirm purchase orders in Evolution based on vendor acknowledgments.
- Receive live goods deliveries from vendors into system and report any quality issues.
- Match live goods inputs to purchase orders and planned production.
- Assist in creating planting lists and entering planting data into Evolution, as needed.
- Handle changes quickly during the planting week to get the production lines accurate information.
- Help to organize the annual trial garden project.
- Monitors flow of Hard Good inventory, mostly consisting of Tag inventories, but can include Pot inventories.
- Assist with month end live goods inventory.
- Understand and manage knowledge of product lines, and assigned pot and label for all customers.
- Occasional weekend work.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plant knowledge is a must.
- Needs to have a sense of urgency to respond to issues as they arise.
- Be able to multi-task in a busy office.
- Strong sense of Teamwork and Customer Service.
- Excellent communication skills with wide variety of people.
- Willingness to take initiative when needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and good at problem-solving.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Be reliable, responsible, dependable, and punctual.
- Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Altman Plants is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, age, national origin, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.