Position: Over the Road Class A Drivers
Altman Specialty Plants, Inc. is a dynamic family-owned wholesale nursery that produces and distributes a wide range of plants for major retailers throughout the country from facilities in CA, AZ, CO, TX, GA, NJ, and FL. We are looking for Class A Drivers for our locations in Perris and Vista, CA who are willing to travel to all 48 states.
- Drivers must demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Comply with all company safety requirements and procedures
- Keep all electronic and/or paper logs up to date in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
- Our successful drivers have a strong sense of customer service and ability to communicate well with customers
- Drivers must display sound judgment
- Drivers must have strong people and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers or employees of our organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have professional demeanor and appearance.
- Minimum 21 years old with a valid A Class driver’s license
- Minimum 2 years commercial driving experience
- All Drivers must maintain good standing driving record
- Ability to travel all 48 states
- All Drivers must pass pre-employment substance abuse screening & DOT physical
- Meet all qualifications as defined under DOT requirements
- Drivers must possess a valid State Driver’s License and have an acceptable DMV driving record.
- Must have and maintain current automobile insurance.
- Must observe and comply with all company policies and safety practices.
We offer a safe and rewarding working environment for our employees. Altman Plants offers employees competitive pay and a full assortment of benefits such as:
- Health Insurance
- Vacation, holiday & sick paid benefits
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please email Daniel Kushnir at firstname.lastname@example.org