Oasis Retail Clerk - Escondido, CA
Provides service of Altman Plants, Oasis Facility location full product lines to wholesale and retail customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Unload Altman Plants product from deliveries onto display space at designated display space.
- Visually inspects retail display areas, looking for merchandising opportunities.
- Removes marginal product from displays.
- Condense product as it sells to make room for new plants.
- Services displays as needed. (i.e. dead head, prune, water, and fertilize).
- Sweep and maintain all displays.
- Accurately process customer transactions and maintain daily transaction summary.
- Dependability and punctuality are mandatory adhering to schedule to include clocking in and out at start and end times as well as in and out for 30-minute designated lunch break.
- Must be able to work varied schedules including some weekends.
- Must have professional presentation and appearance.
- Observe and comply with all company standards and safety rules.
Qualification requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or availability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please ensure to advise and make your supervisor and or HR aware if any accommodations are needed, so we can assess.
Some merchandising experience preferred but not mandatory
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a valid State Drivers License and have an acceptable DMV driving record.
Must keep current on automobile insurance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands, lift, pull, lift overhead, walk, stand for long periods of time on concrete, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Employee must be able to tolerate outdoor weather changes, rain, wind, cold and heat. That may vary in severity depending on the season and time of year.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes (traffic smog) and airborne particles (dust and dirt).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may be exposed to additional environmental conditions, including extreme heat present at retail centers.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Carmen Contreras – firstname.lastname@example.org