Night Dispatcher-Lake Matthews
Altman Specialty Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking to recruit, retain and grow an ethical, enthusiastic, self-motivated and hard-working team member as a Night Dispatcher in our Perris, CA facility. This position will work within our Transportation Department and will work closely with our Driver Supervisors.
Job responsibilities & duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Confirming drivers have arrived at the yard and departed on time for their daily deliveries
- Communicate with equipment vendors for service of vehicles
- Communicate delays with deliveries to sales associates
- Assist with loading and unloading of trailers as needed
- Daily inventory of equipment
- Inspection and reporting of equipment defects
Requirements for the position:
- 2 years of work experience in a shipping environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be present at work as required by the schedule (midnight to 8:30am)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able interact with others in a professional manner.
- Must be computer literate and possess the ability to learn proprietary company software.
- Bilingual preferred
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.