Work outside, with plants, & learn our award-winning service levels. Merchandise store displays to keep their Garden Centers Beautiful – Everyday Job Type: Permanent / FT / Weekend Shifts / Mileage Reimbursement
Altman Specialty Plants, LLC is a family-owned wholesale nursery looking to grow our service team in your local area. Our merchandisers display our industry leading annual / perennial flowering plants, roses, and succulents to support the large retail garden center’s business that we partner with. We are passionate about our plants, our employees, our award-winning service, and our partnership with big box retailers. Merchandisers will work independently (or with their assigned sales rep, socially distanced) daily with the direction from planned schematics and their local area manager to ensures the garden centers are set to plan and stocked full of beautiful plants, every day.
- FT Permanent
- Work Independently (or socially distanced from partnered sales rep / manager)
- Working outside in Retail Garden Centers
- Flexible schedules (Min. 1 weekend day is mandatory)
- Continuing areas for growth throughout company
- Driving is essential – Mileage reimburse between stores
Merchandise our plants in big box stores following established standards, either alone or with assigned Service Rep. Merchandising includes pushing racks full of fresh plants into garden centers and unloading flats of plants from delivery racks onto tables or bench displays. Preparing displays consists of culling and consolidating existing product to make room for new materials. We make garden centers beautiful every day!
Other duties include:
- Stock and display fresh plant material in garden centers
- Ensure all plants are merchandised and empty delivery are racks removed from sales floor
- Ensure plants and displays have a well maintained, sales-ready appearance
- Ensure all product is rotated, merchandised and signed with prices and available Point of Purchase (P.O.P) signage as applicable
- Cull and properly dispose of “past-prime” plants on a consistent basis
- Complete inventory cycle counts as requested
- Enter inventory adjustments as plants are culled
- Assist with resets and building displays and special events at stores
- Keep areas being worked clean and safe
- Must work in a safe manner and use safe lifting practices
- May be required to use tools such as pallet jacks, pruners, ladders, brooms, dust pans, hoses, and other
- Clock in and out responsibly and in accordance with company policies and guidelines
- May cover more than one store with the Service Rep
- May be required to work varying schedules, including weekends
- Adhere to ALL company policies and procedures
- Execute tasks as instructed by Supervisors, Reps, and Leads
- Must have reliable transportation to and from all assigned stores
- Demonstrate honesty and responsibility while using applications which record time and attendance, task completion, and or mileage tracking
- Be responsive to phone calls, texts, and other communications while on the clock
- Work cooperatively with all vendors and associates
- Report to work on time and follow given schedule
Competencies- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Bring positive outlook and attitude
- Welcome teamwork
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to requests
- Meet/keeps commitments
- Promote quality and accuracy
- Follow Policies and Procedures
- Complete tasks correctly and on time
- Look for ways to promote and improve quality
- Apply feedback to improve performance
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potential unsafe conditions
- Follow instructions, direction
- Foster cooperative communication with customers and employees
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
Language Skills: Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write simple instructions, and to communicate.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate simple math such as adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, carry, push, pull; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to have fine dexterity and motor skills. The employee may be frequently required to lift, carry, push and or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or move from 51 to 100 pounds with or without assistance either via another person or mechanical assistance. The employee will be required to frequently kneel, stoop, bend and stand for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an outside environment to include dust, soil, heat, cold, sun, rain and various other elements and potentially difficult environmental conditions. The employee must be able to tolerate these conditions. The employee will also be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee will occasionally be exposed to fumes, chemicals or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to irregular work schedules.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.