Altman Plants is seeking entry-level sales merchandiser to service our large retail chain clients with garden centers – merchandising our products, growing our brand and client base. Our sales merchandiser are self-starters, with a good base of plant knowledge, dependable/punctual and professional in appearance and demeanor.
All qualified candidates must have a dependable vehicle with proof of insurance, must possess a valid State Drivers License and have an acceptable DMV driving record. We are looking for candidates with strong computer skills with access to internet/ email, enjoy working outdoors, and can be able to lift 50 lbs.
Currently hiring for multiple shifts (Part/Full Time, Seasonal) – All Applicants Please Indicate Your Availability on Application (PT, FT, Seasonal.)
Our Sales Merchandiser typically work 30-35 hours a week, based on the season. Must be able to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Service assigned stores as per scheduled route.
- Sales Merchandiser will consolidate displays of flatted and potted plants.
- Removes marginal product from displays.
- Services displays as needed (i.e.: dead heads, prunes, waters, fertilizes as needed)
- Sales Merchandiser will attend and participates in company meetings and special events.
- Sales Merchandiser will demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with customers or employees of our organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Sales Merchandiser will possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
All qualified applicants will hold a High school diploma or GED. We are seeking Sales Merchandiser with 1-2 years experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Altman Plants:
Altman Specialty Plants, Inc. is a dynamic family-owned wholesale nursery that produces and distributes a wide range of plants for major retailers throughout the country from facilities in CA, AZ, CO, TX and FL.
We are a privately held company, routinely recognized for innovation, marketing, high quality products and creative sales programs.
We are in partnership with several of the key retail customers to supply color, flowering, cactus and specialty plants. We are passionate about open communications, customer service, people development and long term growth of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands, lift, pull, lift overhead, walk, stand for long periods of time on concrete, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee must be able to drive distances between accounts. Employee must be able to tolerate outdoor weather changes, rain, wind, cold and heat.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes (traffic smog) and airborne particles (dust and dirt). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be exposed to additional environmental conditions present at retail centers.
To apply please resume to Jose Avila email@example.com