Maintenance Lead - Peyton, Colorado
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Altman Plants is a dynamic family-owned wholesale nursery that produces and distributes a wide range of plants for major retailers around the country from facilities in California, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, and Texas. We are looking for a Maintenance Lead with electrician and pluming experience for our Peyton, CO location. The Maintenance Lead will have responsibility for general building maintenance, installing and maintaining electrical power, lighting, and control systems in the green house.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- General greenhouse building maintenance.
- Read and interpret blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Using building specifications map the layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Install pipes and fixtures for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids.
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation.
- Monitor greenhouse, hot water and steam boilers ensuring optimum temperatures.
- Reset boiler alarms as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies.
- Bilingual a plus.
- 3 or more years of related experience.
- Must have reliable transportation for inclement weather conditions and be able to respond to emergency alarms during the evening hours.
- Must have a cell phone with coverage for the area (partial reimbursement).
- Must have basic computer and data entry skills.
- Sound judgment, problem solving, adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Attention to detail with the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and measurements of temperature.
- Dependability and punctuality are mandatory.
- You must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to frequently sit, use your hands, lift, pull, lift overhead, walk for extended periods of time, stand for long periods of time on concrete, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles (dust and dirt). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate