HR Specialist - Vista, CA
The human resource specialist handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism; responsible for promoting a positive image of the Company.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, AA, TEFRA, ERISA, Wage and Hour, FMCSA, DOT).
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Updates and maintains compliance with required legal posters and notices.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a range of training activities.
- Assists in writing and updating position descriptions as necessary.
- Tracks employee compliance/investigation log.
- Works on administrative, legal and project related activities for VP of HR when needed.
- Respond to and resolve policy-related and procedural inquiries.
- Maintain I-9 compliancy companywide.
- Assists employees/supervisors with employee relations matters to include in depth investigations on employee complaints.
- Back up to leaves of absence (LOA, FMLA, PDL,CFRA, ADA) to include explanation of leave rights/responsibilities, provide and gather necessary paperwork, and serve as liaison between employee and supervisor.
- Back up to EDD and out of state; Unemployment, Disability, and Paid Family Leave claims.
- Assists with medical child support notices and notifying employees and benefit administrator, when needed.
- Back up to subpoena requests and Worker’s Comp appeal claims. Update and maintain subpoena file. Contact for numerous copy services vendors. Notify company attorney and all who are involved with claim.
- Process employee requests for jury duty and immigration letters.
- Provide back up for work comp reporting and follow up with WC claims when needed.
- Place online orders for 1st aid and department supplies.
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service.
- Must have positive and helpful attitude, able to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working as a human resource professional team member in a fast paced, service oriented, Human Resources department is required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field.
- Must be well organized, dependable and team oriented with the ability to prioritize, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and work effectively with all departments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required (Speak, Read, and Write).
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Three to five years job experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to interact effectively with customers or employees of our organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Dependability and punctuality are mandatory. Must be able to work Monday through Friday. There may be some extended work hours on an as needed basis. Must have a professional demeanor and appearance. Must observe and comply with all company policies and safety practices.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to frequently sit, use your hands, lift, pull, lift overhead, walk, stand for long periods of time on concrete, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear.
- You must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. You will also be required to use a computer and have a working knowledge of data entry and accounting functions necessary for this position.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles (dust and dirt). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page