HR Specialist - Vista, CA.
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Specialist who is ethical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, forward thinking and hard-working for our fast paced Human Resources department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for new hire onboarding and new hire paperwork for all sales employees.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all Sales related issues to include investigations, on-boarding and other duties that the Sales Department needs assistance with.
- Conduct benefit orientations for newly eligible employees, and research and respond to employee benefit questions/concerns.
- Responsible for delivering monthly reminder to office managers with list of employees eligible for health benefits in the upcoming month.
- Responsible for tracking all incoming enrollment forms as well as enrollments through Navigator Benefits System.
- Responsible for processing enrollments in Navigator Benefits System and adding deductions in ADP Software.
- Responsible for processing any changes to employees’ benefits due to court-orders or qualifying events.
- Serve as the main point of contact to resolve issues related to benefits with agent.
- Leads all areas in annual open enrollment process.
- Responsible for wellness program and communications. Tracks Wellness participation by keeping record of incoming tracking sheets and coordinating health fairs.
- Responsible for the reporting and breakdown of all company medical plans billing.
- Works on administrative, legal and project related activities for VP of HR when needed.
- I-9 support and audit process.
- Assists employees/supervisors with employee relations matters.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required (Speak, Read and Write).
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service.
- Must have positive and helpful attitude, able to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working as a human resource professional team member in a fast paced, service oriented, human resources department is required.
- Must be well organized, dependable and team oriented with the ability to prioritize, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and work effectively with all departments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page