Garden Service Representative
Altman Plants, Inc.
Altman Plants, Inc. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas. We’re looking for a reliable Sales and Service Representative to sell and merchandise our industry leading plants that we deliver to our big box retail partners. We have 1 regular full-time position available now. We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents as well as annuals and perennials. With over 3,000 employees we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
Our entire sales/service team has the same goal of effectively replenishing and merchandising our top quality plants at big box store locations to drive sales. You’ll be part of a team in your territory that includes a District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager, as well as support from our merchandisers. Earn $15/HR (plus commission, & mileage).
The position involves some analytical skills and physical outdoor work. If you enjoy working outdoors and being on the move throughout the day, this could be a great position for you! Teammates must be dependable and able to travel between stores during shifts in their own vehicle. A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance are a must for this job.
We’re looking to train a self-motivated teammate with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
– Effectively merchandise fresh plants from our delivery racks to retail displays
– Efficiently maintain beautiful displays, and drive sales.
– Care for our plant displays by watering, pruning, reorganizing, etc.
– Push and pull plant racks while frequently bending and lifting up to 25 lbs.
– Condense and cull unsellable product from store displays
– Enter data to our mobile portal regarding scrap and inventory adjustments.
– Reposition product based on consistently changing store needs
– Sweep and cleanup after merchandising
– Accurately generate and place price signs
– Communicate with store-level personnel and company teammates regularly
Required license or certification:
- California Driver’s License
Requirements Enjoy working outdoors! as a self-starter who wants to be part of a team that leads the wholesale nursery industry in quality plants and service excellence. Must be willing to travel from store to store and have a dependable vehicle, valid driver license, and insurance.
Please send resumes to Jeremy Hurst – email@example.com.