Garden Center Merchandiser - Vacaville, CA
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
Our entire sales team has the same goal of effectively merchandising our plants at various store locations so we can drive sales. As a Garden Center Merchandiser you will be part of a team in your territory that includes a District Sales Lead, multiple Sales Reps, and other Merchandiser teammates.
The position involves physical outdoor work. Some shifts start as early as 5:00am on both weekdays and weekends. Teammates must be dependable and able to travel between stores during shifts in their own vehicle. A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance are a must for this job.
We are looking to train self-motivated teammates with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
– Efficiently merchandise fresh plants from our delivery racks to retail displays
– Care for our plant displays by watering, pruning, reorganizing, etc.
– Push and pull heavy plant racks while frequently bending and lifting 25 lbs.
– Condense and cull unsalable product from store displays
– Re-position product based on consistently changing store needs
– Sweep and cleanup after merchandising
– Accurately generate and place price signs
– Communicate with store-level personnel and company teammates regularly
Required license or certification:
· California Driver’s License
· High School Diploma/GED
Requirements: Enjoy working outdoors! Wages dependent on experience. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who wants to be part of a team that leads the wholesale nursery industry in service excellence. Must be willing to travel from store to store and have a dependable vehicle, valid driver license, and insurance. Having sales/merchandising experience a plus!
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page