Garden Center Merchandiser
Altman Specialty Plants, LLC. (www.altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of annuals, perennials, cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow our team of Retail Merchandisers within our retail big-box partnerships. You will help us grow our brand by servicing and expanding our product presence in our key retail customers. Within each territory, this position reports up to our District Managers.
We work in a very fast pace outdoor environment, that requires you to be constantly moving for the entire workday. We work outside during many different types of weather conditions.
Key requirements for the Retail Merchandisers include but are not limited to:
- Valid/Current (State) Driver’s License
- Proof of Valid/Current (State) Auto Insurance
- Clean DMV driving record for 3 years
- High School Diploma/GED
- Merchandising experience a plus
- Must be able to start work at 6 am on scheduled workdays
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as scheduled
Key responsibilities for the Retail Merchandisers include but are not limited to:
- Service assigned stores as scheduled
- Communicate effectively with store personnel and company teammates regularly
- Attend and participate in company meetings.
- Enter data into our mobile portal regarding scrap and inventory adjustments
- Efficiently replenish store inventories on display tables
- Effectively merchandise fresh plants from our delivery racks to retail displays
- Water, prune and re-organize product; push and pull plant racks while frequently bending and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Sweep and cleanup after merchandising is complete.
Key qualifications for the Retail Merchandisers include but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform physical outdoor work
- Dependable and able to travel between locations in own vehicle
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to use a computer/mobile device for data entry
Key Benefits for full time employees
- Starting wage $14/hr
- Mileage reimbursement (between stores within the workday)
- Eligible for Medical / Dental / Life Insurance
- 401k retirement plan available
Please send resume to Adham Green – email@example.com