Class A Drivers
Altman Specialty Plants, Inc. is a dynamic family-owned wholesale nursery that produces and distributes a wide range of plants for major retailers throughout the country from facilities in CA, AZ, CO, TX, GA, NJ, and FL.
We are looking for experienced Class A Drivers for our location in Perris, CA to deliver routes both locally and to all 48 states. The position reports to the Southern California Distribution & Order Fulfillment Manager. Our local drivers are home nightly and our OTR drivers are home every 10-12 days on average.
Altman Plants provides our drivers with newer equipment and offers a competitive wage and a full assortment of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Vacation, holiday & sick paid benefits
- Drivers must demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Comply with all company safety requirements and procedures
- Keep all electronic and/or paper logs up to date in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
- Our successful drivers have a strong sense of customer service and ability to communicate well with customers
- Drivers must display sound judgment
- Drivers must have strong people and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers or employees of our organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have professional demeanor and appearance.
- Minimum 21 years old with a valid A Class driver’s license
- Minimum 3 months experience driving/servicing the combination of a tractor unit and semi-trailer
- Must be able to perform all duties with accuracy and efficiency
- All Drivers must maintain good standing driving record
- Over the Road drivers must have the ability to travel all 48 states
- All Drivers must pass pre-employment substance abuse screening & DOT physical
- Meet all qualifications as defined under DOT requirements
- Drivers must possess a valid State Driver’s License and have an acceptable DMV driving record.
- Must have and maintain current automobile insurance.
- Must observe and comply with all company policies and safety practices.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please email Daniel Kushnir at email@example.com