Class A Driver
Altman Plants in Peyton, Colorado 80831
Looking for an experienced truck driver to serve our transportation department in delivering live nursery goods in a safe and timely manner.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative
- Maintain all require documentation i.e. logbooks, E-log, DOT reports,
- Comply with all company policies, DOT rules and
- Report defects, accidents and violations
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading
- Load and unload rolling
- Collect empty Altman Plants racks from customer (stores).
- Can include travel in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona,
- Valid truck driving license (Class A) and medical
- Minimum 3 months driving experience with class A
- Willing to submit to back ground check and pass pre-employment substance abuse
- Strong customer service and ability to communicate verbally with
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (Traffic, weather conditions, )
- Strong people and organizational
- Able to lift and or move up to 50
- Dependability and punctuality are mandatory. Must be able to work a varied schedule which includes weekends and some
Phone: 719-749-2510-Extensions (5817, 5819, 5823)
Please call for appointment.