Class A Driver-Peyton
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow a Class A driver in our Peyton, CO shop by performing the following duties:
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items, safety issues, and perform preventative maintenance.
- Maintain all require documentation i.e. E-logs, Pre-trips, Post-trips, DVIR, DOT reports, etc.
- Comply with all company policies, DOT rules and regulations.
- Report defects, accidents and violations immediately.
- Plan and deliver in a safe and timely manner.
- Customer Service.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Load and unload rolling racks.
- Collect empty Altman Plants racks from customer (stores).
- Travel in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, or other states as needed.
- 21 years old with valid truck driving license (Class A) and medical card.
- Minimum 2 years driving experience with class A license.
- Must provide driving history (MVR)
- Willing to submit to background check and pass pre-employment substance abuse screening.
- Strong customer service and ability to communicate verbally with customers.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (Traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule which includes weekends and some holidays.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.