Driver Class A-Colorado
Looking for an experienced truck driver to serve our distribution department in delivering live nursery goods in a safe and timely manner.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Maintain all require documentation i.e. logbooks, DOT reports, etc.
- Comply with all company policies, DOT rules and regulations.
- Report defects, accidents and violations immediately.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Load and unload rolling racks.
- Collect empty Altman Plants racks from customer (stores).
- Can include travel in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota and Montana.
- 21 years old with valid truck driving license (Class A) and medical card.
- Minimum 2 years driving experience with class A license.
- Must provide driving history from all states that issued all licenses for previous 3 years.
- Willing to submit to back ground check and pass pre-employment substance abuse screening
- Strong customer service and ability to communicate verbally with customers.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (Traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Strong people and organizational skills.
- Able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Dependability and punctuality are mandatory. Must be able to work a varied schedule which includes weekends and some holidays. .
Please call for appointment.
Contact InformationTelephone: (719) 749-2510
Fax: (719) 749-2512
14095 North Peyton Hwy Peyton, CO 80831