District Sales Manager -Austin, TX
Altman Specialty Plants, LLC. (www.altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of annuals, perennials, cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking for a District Sales Manager for the South Austin market within our retail big-box partnerships. You will help us grow our brand by servicing and expanding our product presence in our key retail customers. This position reports up to our Regional Sales Manager.
We work in a very fast pace outdoor environment, that requires you to be constantly moving for the entire workday. We work outside during many different types of weather conditions.
Key requirements for the District Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Valid/Current (State) Driver’s License
- Proof of Valid/Current (State) Auto Insurance
- Clean DMV driving record for 3+ years
- High School Diploma/GED
- Retail/Sales management experience of 3+ years
Key responsibilities for the District Sales Manager includes but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and oversee the performance of field sales teams in the South Austin markets.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, discipline and otherwise support and hold accountable our merchandising teams. Includes improving training guidelines and methods. Incorporating store walks, and reviews as regular documented processes.
- Ensure consistent execution and communication of programs. Contribute to new strategies in merchandising.
- Accomplish sales and inventory management goals in coordination with account managers. Be close to the order flow and Sales Representative activity while using data to help drive decision making.
- Communicate regularly with sales account management and operations teams.
- Develop relationships with key customers’ operational management teams and merchandising management teams. Promote our efforts throughout the customer chain.
- Relate with vendor partners as needed.
- Support inventory allocation on a regular basis in coordination with account managers and availability teams.
- Budgeting duties including creating a yearly budget, managing merchandiser hours and other resource allocation decisions. Look for ways to increase effectiveness at the same time as efficiency.
- Provide and help collect qualified feedback on production planning from the field sales team.
- Ensure safe working practices are always prioritized.
- Provide corrective action and progressive discipline when company standards are not met
- Communicate regularly and work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to define goals and objectives. Keeping them updated regularly on all aspects of our business.
- Build team cohesion and positively influence individual behavior
- Identify potential and develop talent at each level of the field sales team to promote employee growth and effectiveness
- Be a leader within the organization.
Key qualifications for the District Sales Manager position include but are not limited to:
- Dependable and able to travel between locations in own vehicle
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to use a computer/mobile device for data entry
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page