Construction Workers - Vista, CA
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company.
We’re currently seeking to recruit entry-level and high-energy Construction Workers to work at our Vista, CA site for 8-weeks.
Prior experience in working on relevant construction projects and using equipment is desired. You must have physical strength, endurance and work well with your hands. Being good in collaboration and following instructions and safety rules, are also important.
- Unload and carry materials at construction site
- Use equipment to break old forms and structures
- Prepare and apply construction materials to build structures or fill gaps (e.g cement)
- Smooth and level new concrete or other materials
- Clean out site from debris and discarded material
- Demo, light framing, hanging/taping drywall, furniture moving, etc.
- Prior experience as a construction worker is preferred
- Prior experience in operating equipment like drills, pneumatic hammers etc.
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material (concrete, sand, grout etc.) desired
- Able to work in a team
- Basic knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
If hired, you will have to bring your own working tools.
Job Type: Full-time temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page