Cactus Supervisor - Giddings, TX
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to recruit and retain a well-seasoned Coordinator for our Cactus Division in our Giddings, Texas Facility by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Received lay down materials by client and by sales district (Lowes/HD-Rose-Houston/HD-Mike-Dallas/HD-Mark-Primary/HD-PO-CS)
- Performs one full count including incoming lay down for each client and by sales district once a week or additional times if needed
- Create flags for incoming lay down crops with new crop IDs
- Lay down product by client and sales district separately in the greenhouse
- Performs all collection for orders from lay down material and from EZ shipper orders. Organizes the collection per order
- Requests or generate herself UPC and/or retail information for C&S crops as needed
- Schedules and performs watering duties
- Amends combo product with rotten pieces with new pieces to maximize selling product quality.
- Maintain C&S without weeds and other maintenance needs as gluing flowers to the strawflower C&S, rebuilding combos with new C&S parts and others
- Tests cutting back materials not salable for our general knowledge
- Scouts and reports any potential problem with C&S to Availability Manager and Head Grower
- Reports dumps count to supervisor bi-weekly or as needed
- Generate reports to receive the incoming list of all week’s ready to ship ez shippers and/or ½ wooden pallets
- Receives incoming cactus in lay down, ez shippers and ½ wooden pallets cross docking
- Punch holes in shrink wraps for all ez shippers and ½ wooden pallets
- Directs dock personnel utilizing forklift to organize locations of all incoming pallets (wood or ez shippers) at the dock
- Organizes incoming pallets by sequel batches or order numbers and by sales district areas
- Verifies daily that the Dock supervisor has used every pallet cross docking on the daily pulls utilizing information provided by the Distribution team
- Reports immediately to Distribution any missing or extra pallet during the receiving process and through the week
- Reports immediately to Distribution any returned pallet after getting the information from the Dock supervisor
- Manage any extra product or returned product received as part of lay down after meeting with supervisor and having indication of what customer and sales district the product will go to
- Supervises crews that help her lay down, collect and assemble orders, move product at the dock. These crews are flexible in time and are assigned by the Order Fulfillment Manager
- Helps as needed in general activities with the collection and order fulfillment teams
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service.
- Thorough knowledge of plant materials.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Computer literate: Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Mathematical skills
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page