Availability Coordinator - San Antonio TX
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas.
We’re passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees, we’re also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to recruit, retain and grow an Availability Coordinator that will assist the Availability Department by performing the following duties:
- Daily review, adjustments, exceptions and distribution of pulling reports prior to and after collection.
- Perform quality control inspections in the fields during collection to make sure product meets our quality standards.
- Provide counts of available product by area for Availability updates as scheduled using tablets.
- Provide special forecasts as requested.
- Work with the Availability Manager to identify potential discrepancies to the plan early enough to react.
- Provide accurate information for the Ad Calendar (Corporate Orders).
- Responsible for communicating product quality, field issues, and key informational points between coworkers and to management.
- Tracking of key crops – timing, varieties, and suitability.
- Cycle counting of crops
- Work schedule based on assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service.
- Thorough knowledge of plant materials or education in Plant Science.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Computer literate: Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Mathematical skills
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Bilingual is helpful but not necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com