Altman Plants is a family owned and operated nursery and we are the #1 provider of succulents, annuals, perennials, and shrubs in the world!
We are passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 5,000 employees, we are also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking to recruit, retain and grow an Availability Coordinator that will assist the Availability Department by performing the following duties:
- Daily review, adjustments, exceptions and distribution of pulling reports prior to and after collection.
- Perform quality control inspections in the fields during collection to make sure product meets our quality standards.
- Provide counts of available product by area for Availability updates as scheduled using tablets.
- Provide special forecasts as requested.
- Work with the Availability Manager to identify potential discrepancies to the plan early enough to react.
- Provide accurate information for the Ad Calendar (Corporate Orders).
- Responsible for communicating product quality, field issues, and key informational points between coworkers and to management.
- Tracking of key crops – timing, varieties, and suitability.
- Cycle counting of crops.
- Work schedule based on assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong sense of Teamwork and Customer Service.
- Thorough knowledge of plant materials or education in Plant Science.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Computer literate: Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Mathematical skills
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Bilingual is helpful but not necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light duty work status will be accommodated: no lifting greater than 25 pounds to waist level. No lifting overhead more than 15 pounds. No repetitive bending or prolonged sitting more than one hour without positional change. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Extensive walking is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Altman Plants is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, age, national origin, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.