Altman Plants is the 2nd largest nursery in North America and reputedly the largest succulent grower in the world. We offer a wide variety of cacti, succulents, annuals, perennials & other specialty plants to many of our country’s leading national retailers, supermarkets and independent nurseries.
Ken and Deena Altman started growing succulents as an innocent hobby. The hobby transformed itself into a wholesale nursery business encompassing over 1700 acres in six states. It was Ken and Deena’s nurturing care for each individual plant that grew the business to where it is now. The same care and time is still given to each plant today.
Industry leader in a broad range of horticultural markets seeks hands on technician to support our constantly growing investment in automation equipment. This critical position will be become the senior lead position in our growing automation implantation process. As such, we require a self-starter who can work without technical supervision.
This position is full time position
- Automation Technician will perform industrial equipment maintenance per PM [preventative maintenance ] schedules
- Automation Technician will create PM schedules for new equipment
- Automation Technician will trouble shoot both mechanical and electrical issues on industrial equipment
- Automation Technician will be wiring machines -including PLC controlled equipment
- Industrial pneumatics
- Automation Technician needs to have familiarity with packaging and labeling equipment
- Automation Technician needs to have familiarity with conveyors, fillers, weighs checkers, etc.
- Automation Technician needs knowledge of general machining on both mill and lathe
- Light component fabrication skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Must have organizational, time management, and strong communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and pay high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; consistent typing; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply please email Jeff Murphy at email@example.com