Accounts Payable Manager
Altman Plants, LLC. (altmanplants.com) is a family-owned wholesale nursery with operations in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas. We are passionate about plants and specialize as the country’s top provider of cacti and succulents. With over 4,500 employees, we are also passionate about people development, open communications, customer service, and the long-term growth of the company. We provide competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. The successful candidate will manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of organization and attention to detail.
The role will focus on maintaining all accounts payable functions to include posting, paying and reconciling vendor accounts. This position reports to our Controller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Manages AP Staff of 10+ employees.
- Manages posting of business transactions, posting invoices and verifies accuracy of financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records.
- Includes: Customer Vendor Relations, Check disbursements, 1099
- Process payments via checks, ACH and wires
- Manages image scanning with department to ensure data scanning is accurate and scanned timely.
- Maintain current awareness of new or changed laws and regulations to ensure continued compliance.
- Supports external audits such as Sales Tax Audits and Year end CPA firm audit
- Manages Month end closing of AP module in accordance with the financial close schedule and correct posting of month end information, including accurate Accruals and ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Manages accounting functions including analysis on specific balance sheet accounts, through to general ledger, ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages Vendor accounts and assures the reconciling of monthly statements and related transactions.
- Provides accounting assistance to Division managers and operations staff; responds to financials questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Selects and hires employees for AP dept. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates employees and prepares reviews, making recommendations on increases.
- Prepares and recommends budgeting for specific AP categories during annual budgeting process.
- Provides weekly AP cash requirement forecast to Controller and CFO.
- Supports Purchase order module and manages timeliness of data entered.
- Manages EDI Vendor Invoice processing as company moves into electronic data transmission with Vendors.
- Enters Bank Web Portal New and changes to Credit cards, uploads check processing information and manages positive pay discrepancies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 7 or more years accounting experience
- 1 or more years of leadership experience included.
- Experience working with GAAP, General Ledger, Accrual accounting and Purchase Order software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and take ownership of work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong work ethic and initiative with a positive attitude
- Knowledge of Dynamics Accounting Software a plus
- Health Insurance
- Vacation, holiday, and sick paid benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants apply to our Career Page.